7 de julho de 2011

Family

I am sorry for the delay in the new posts, but you will understand the reason after this post.

When I first arrived Madrid, about 7 months ago, I was a bit, let say completely, lost!
New and kinda first job, new country, new people, everything was new, uncertain and unexpected.

Finding a house to live, by instance, was a big challenge. I had some contacts from some sites, some e-mails, some calls, but all were posibilities with no concret knowledge or guidance.
One of the contacts was a German lady, we talked over the phone and we arranged a meeting at the restaurant El Verdi, close to her house.

- In a note and advancing the history, if I was searching for a home to live, this restaurant was, and still is, my second home here in Madrid. I spend there lots of time, some of it with Christine and Marcel, other alone... well, never alone because Paulo, Quim or Shilla are always there.
It's an Italian Restaurant, with a huge portait of the first skyscaper built in New York and the owners are Portuguese!!!
Later on, in some of our "visits" to El Verdi, Christine told me "I think that the best tortilla patata in Spain is made by a Portuguese, in Verdi, incredible!" and also "Here they serve the best pizzas in Europe, I can tell you!" I believe her... the wood oven and the Paulo's hands do miracles with the pasta...

Anyway, getting back to the point we left, El Verdi is another history...
There I was, waiting for this German lady from whom I just know the voice, wondering, I don't know, a tall blond women coming at me! Suddly I see this friendly smile in my direccion, as saying "I am sure you are Igor, I am Christine, nice to met you!" and I am surprised by a small sized women, dark hair and eyes speaking a perfect Spanish!
The rest of the history its easy... seeing the bedroom, the house, getting to know Christine's son, Marcel, and The Prince of Persia who was already at the house in other room in a stage of his PhD in Nanotechnology, The Prince left us some months ago, he went to Iran again to finish his thesis.
I chosed that house to live of course, and easily it became my home.

- In another note I already write here some of our conversations in the house, since I usually don't write names, normally I refer to Christine as The German, or more common The Bavarian. The Iranian guy is The Prince because his name literally mean prince in Persian and Marcel as M, but I will start refering to him as The Rider.

Marcel will turn 17 in some days from now and ever since he discovered that I have a blog he didn't stop complaining that I have to write in English... so Marcel... here you have it, this one is for you!
And don't you even think in correcting me any errors, I know your english is way better than mine!!!
In the house, usually I comunicate with Christine in Spanish, with Marcel in English and both of them talk in German, when we are the three we all speak English because The Rider is to lazy to speak Spanish!

Anyway.. this kid (take that, 1-0) is only 17 but have been in more places and maybe done more things with his life that I will ever do... starting by dating a Peruan girl (LOL), passing by his visits to so many countries and maybe ending with is diver licence.
Marcel wants to be a Professional Mountain Biker, he likes to do Downhill. I went with him a couple of times to the bike park or to the mountains, but I was always afraid of doing something wrong in those hills with his bikes that cost more than some cars...

Maybe I shouldn't admite this... but... well... I think that if they had a blog and they would nickname me something, that would certainly be The Lady of the House! 
Well yes... sometimes, joking, they call me that. The reason is that Christine is a pure Bavarian... she is not tall alright but she have this energy and this presence that can intimidate any man if she wants it and Marcel is (or at least he thinks he is, 2-0) the cool guy... riding his bikes, listening music, eating untied Knorr cubes as it they were sugar (this can be consider a 3-0 I think... ah ah) and his forearms look like the ones Popeye had... as I told him once, after noticing that and looking at mine "You just rip my balls and my manhood off... thank you!", after that I am exercising more...... so... comparing to this, how can a guy that actually worries about what he eats, healthy habits and stuff can be consider a dude? And ever since I said the word "calories" in the house, my nickname was on! They didn't spare me!!!

It is completly impossible to descrive every adventure, experience, interesting talk and so on that we had in the house, some I told already, others will be written in the future, the bottom line, the main idea, is... we had such a great time in that house, we laught, we fight (literaly with Marcel and "just because"), we cooked a lot, we went out... I don't even know what we did anymore, there is just this feeling of welfare when thinkin in my German Family, in Spain.

And why am I writting all of this stuff, and mainly, why am I writting this in the past?
They are going back to German as I write this!...
At this point I am sure they are camping in Andorra. Marcel will ride some tracks there before they continue the trip to some place in France with more tracks and them Germany.
Christine is going to work in Germany and Marcel will came in the end of the summer to finish is last year of high school here, so we will see each other some times in the near future.

This week was the changing home week, that is why I didn't have time to post!

I have now a new house, but I miss my old home!

Well... life is worth to life because of this moments anyway... and we already have some dates in the agenda to meet again all 3, so no worries!

Christine... your recepy for the Kartoffelpuffer is safe with me (acttualy its the only good and easy thing I could memorise, its not acttualy a secrect, but I will pass it in Portugal as if it was...).
Marcel... your 3L beer glass is also safe with me... it will be safe all summer and also after that because you will not see it again... its way to cool for me to give it back!!!
And don't you dare to call this post lame.... I know it is... but well, even if I am prettier, handsome and coller than you, it doesn't mean I don't like you :)

Girls (yes, when I refer to Christine and Marcel I refer to them as Girls, just as a small reply to the lady of the house), Sweetiepie (this is Marcel, I also call him that and... yeah, instead of The Rider I think I will just call you Sweetiepie!!! I will think about it) it was really nice to live with you two this half a year. Thank for everything and we will meet soon.

Take care :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário